New Compact Clog-Free Waste Separator
A clog-free automatic liquid-to-solid waste separator is being introduced to Australasia by CST Wastewater Solutions for compact dewatering applications ranging from food processing, food waste, grease trap and waste oil through to municipal wastewater sludge, livestock manure and agribusiness processes.
The compact KDS multi-disc roller separator features a unique self-cleaning dewatering and conveying system with oval plate separation and transfer structure that prevents clogging and permits automatic continuous operation that handles oily and fibrous material with ease.
Designed for efficiency, sustainability and conservation of resources in small-to- medium applications, the energy-efficient KDS separator consumes as little as 0.06kW hr of electricity and uses washwaster, says CST Wastewater Solutions Managing Director Mr Mike Bambridge.
“This simple-to-maintain separator offers a high throughput within a small body, with the smallest model being just under 350mm wide and weighing 50 kg. The compact rotational oval plate structure achieves high transportation and separation efficiencies, while the simplicity of the machine’s overall structure offers low maintenance, achieving cost and OH&S benefits through less handling being required to clear hazardous materials.
“The KDS separator uses a fraction of the power of a centrifuge and no water usage during operation unlike a belt press or a screw press. For a relatively low investment cost, it offers a high performance alternative to sludge drying beds and geobags, for example,” says Mr Bambridge.
Used for thickening of dissolved air flotation sludge – a very common application throughout waste water operations – it achieves solids capture of 97 per cent thickened sludge at a dryness of 17 per cent. Waste activated sludge dryness levels are typically 15-25 per cent.
Applications for which the separator is designed include:
- Food processing waste, including snackfoods, kitchen and restaurant waste, raw wastewater (primary screening) and sludge
- Sewage treatment, including raw wastewater (primary screening) and sludge to landfill
- Abattoir, feedlots, and dairy farm wastewater and sludge. Cattle manure cake dryness of 25-35 per cent is typically achieved
- Pig farm raw manure and sludge, with cake dryness of 20-30 per cent.
- Barrel polishing water, water-based paint wastewater, grease trap waste, dyeing wastewater, waste oil, and plastic recycling.
- Seafood processing
Vist CST Waste Water Solutions at stand S9 on Level 1 at foodpro.